The Delivery Driver will work as a part of a team to deliver meals each day to school lunch programs. The Delivery Driver is a critical member of the Edibles Rex team and he/she will interact with school sites on a daily basis, serving customers and representing the company throughout the community.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Prompt assembly, loading and delivery of meals to school sites in Metro Detroit.
- Excellent customer service in a professional, helpful and respectful manner
- Proper placement and care of meals when distributed to schools, including ensuring appropriate temperature levels for all food
- Able to assist at the schools as a lunch aide when necessary
- Promptly communicate any food or service issue to management
- Immediate notification to management of any ticket or impaired driving conviction
- Performs other duties, as assigned, and follows through on requests in a timely manner
- Follows the Edibles Rex Dress Code Policy with 100% compliance
- Adheres to all Edibles Rex policies
- Experienced and dependable driver (catering/food delivery experience preferred).
- Familiarity with area driving conditions.
- Clean driving record and ability to safely maneuver and operate box truck.
- Attention to detail, especially with regards to counting accurately and organizing deliveries/equipment.
- Able to physically perform requirements of job, including ability to safely lift up to 50 lbs. and safely operate wheeled carts and dollies.
- Works well with others and participates as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build and maintain good relations with school customers.
- Takes pride in maintaining a clean, orderly environment, including the delivery vehicles, and delivering a high quality product to schools.
- High level of energy and desire to be part of an entrepreneurial, fast-paced and hands-on environment.
- Committed to the Edibles Rex mission of providing children access to nutritious, tasty food to enhance their physical and mental development
- All applicants must have at least a Chauffer License and current DOT card.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Edibles Rex is an Equal Opportunity Employer