The Prep Chef will assist in the preparation of meals by chopping vegetables, making salads and putting together entrees. The Prep Chef will help to prepare, assemble and package approximately 5,000 meals per day for school meal programs for Metro Detroit area schools. This position will require the Prep Chef to have very good knife skills. He/she must be able to work in a fast paced environment. The Prep Chef will assist with any additional responsibilities necessary for the production and distribution of the meals.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Having very good knife skills.
- Work quickly and efficiently when cutting fruits and vegetables.
- Maintains consistency in food quality standards.
- Complies with all state Health and Safety codes and maintains a high standard of cleanliness in the kitchen area.
- Completes and follows prep list in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, and follows through on requests in a timely manner.
- 2-3 years culinary experience in a busy foodservice environment.
- Practices safe and proper knife and kitchen utensil skills.
- Able to physically perform requirements of the job.
- Works well with others and participate as part of a team.
- Committed to the Edibles Rex mission that all children will have access to nutritious, tasty food to support the development of healthy minds and bodies.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Edibles Rex is an Equal Opportunity Employer